Our programs are unique as they are located in a numerous community schools. Please check your community school web page for re-entry plan and how they apply to your child. Please pay close attention to the Covid-19 Screening Protocol.
Re-Entry Update – In Early Learning classrooms – we will ensure…
Transparent and open communication
- Regular conversations about questions or concerns
Safe Play experiences
- Create positive, engaging play interactions to promote growth and development, in a near normal way.
- Plan keeping safety in mind and consider alternate, but equally as valuable experiences if needed.
- Monitor and model physically distant play, while caring for social and emotional needs.
Hygiene Etiquette: Handwashing, Coughing and Sneezing
- Prioritize cleaning and handwashing routines with reminders of safe coughing/sneezing practices
Personal protective equipment
- Teach children to understand why staff are wearing masks and when
- As children show interest in masks, teach about mask usage when physical distancing is not possible
The Cohort Strategy
- Daily screening and health checks in place allow for securing our small cohorts, – limiting crossing of cohorts etc.
- Greeting parents/caregivers at a designated area and time before and after program for safe and distant delivery of children, all adults are required to wear masks
Below links are Resources to help support families:
- Alberta Education: Parents’ Guide to 2020–21 School Year will help you understand your role in reducing the risk of COVID-19 in schools
- Mental Health Help Line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Additional supports for families are available through Alberta Health Services.
- View the Alberta Education video, Returning to School Safely
Returning to School – September 2020: Pembina Hills Public Schools full re-entry plan can be found at www.pembinahills.ca
Learning from home: If you have questions, please contact Kelly Ferguson, Early Learning Principal 780-674-8565